Occupational Health Advisor
We are seeking to recruit an Occupational Health Advisor to work directly for Cleveland Bridge UK Ltd, to provide support to the health, safety and wellbeing of all our employees (office, factory and site).
This full-time role will report to the Head of HSE and work towards improving organisational effectiveness by providing a proactive Occupational Health service, whilst working collaboratively with all departments.
- Undertake pre-employment health screening of all prospective employees (permanent and temporary) with or without health assessment/health surveillance dependent on the hazards associated with the post of employment, and provide advice and guidance based on results.
- Work alongside the Human Resource, Fabrication and Operational Departments in support of the implementation of attendance management procedures including provision of an occupational health assessment report that provides information to assist formulation of strategies for health support, phased return, reasonable adjustments and restrictions where required. This will also include appropriate referrals being made to a GP or Occupational Health Physician.
- Clinical case management of employees advising on adjustments/restrictions where required.
- Provide a proactive service that incorporates base line health surveillance followed by routine health surveillance, on a risk-based approach. This includes Hand Arm Vibration (HAVs) surveillance for all employees working with vibratory tools, audiometry tests, spirometry tests and skin assessments, covering dayshift and nightshift.
- Ensure that the planned annual health surveillance programme is compiled, delivered and trends identified, and recommendations made to reduce or eliminate issues.
- To work alongside the HR Department in providing health promotion to employees to improve and maintain their health and wellbeing.
- Lead the CBUK First Aiders in all aspects of their role including post incident injury hospitalisation decisions.
- Carry out Drug and Alcohol testing – pre-employment, random and for cause.
- Liaise with external contractors in the completion of medicals and screening for Network Rail and other external stakeholders as required by the Company.
- Maintain confidentiality of information and files in accordance with GDPR.
- Counselling/Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) – provide counselling to members of staff as required and advise when it is necessary for referral. Effectively promote EAP service where appropriate.
- Carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with relevant Health & Safety legislation, achieving Departmental KPI’s and producing regular reports.
- Any other duties as requested.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Registered General Nurse (RGN) with a recognised Occupational Health Qualification such as OHN Certificate, Diploma or Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a qualified OHA, ideally in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience in performing a full Occupational Health remit including case management, sickness absence, return to work, health promotion, health surveillance, fitness for work medicals.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and strong interpersonal skills.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Matched pension contributions
- 23 days holiday per year plus bank holidays, increasing with length of service
- Excellent life assurance cover
- Group income protection
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee assistance programme
- Training and development opportunities
- Onsite canteen and free onsite parking
- Be part of the Cleveland Bridge team building bridges and structures in the UK and worldwide
If you have the attributes we’re looking for, get in touch today by clicking on the Apply Now button below, and sending us your CV and covering letter. If you’d like more information on the role, please contact the HR Department.