ICT Support Technician
To assist in all aspects relating to the maintenance and replacement of all ICT hardware and software across the Cleveland Bridge group.
The role will be primarily 1st and 2nd line support but will also include assisting the ICT Manager with 3rd line support and project-based work.
The applicant will be required to contribute to team meetings and play an active role in the development of the service delivered by the team.
1st and 2nd line support responsibilities
- Respond to support calls and requests for assistance, logging and updating support calls to reflect the ongoing status via the helpdesk system.
- Fault diagnosis and resolution of issues within service levels agreed by the ICT Manager.
- Providing support to end users at head office, remote sites and home workers.
- To assist with the installation of new hardware as required for new user/system upgrades.
- To assist with the administration of staff joining, leaving or moving within the business in relation to the creation of user accounts, password creation, e-mail accounts and security access.
- To assist with the maintenance of the ICT register, ensuring all assets are tagged and accurately recorded in the register.
- To assist with the administration, maintenance and provision of the business’s mobiles and land line services.
- To assist with the creation and maintenance of all documentation relating to ICT.
3rd line support requirements
Cleveland Bridge UK Limited’s ICT Support team maintain and manage numerous ICT provisions spanning multiple equipment manufacturers and technological platforms. ICT Support Technicians are expected to support and manage the following, at the direction of the ICT Manager;
- LAN/WAN/Business Class Networking
- DNS/DHCP/Group Policy/Active Directory
- Server & Storage Hardware & Software
- VMware virtual server environment
- Azure/365 Cloud Based Technology
- MDM – Mobile Device Management
- Disaster Recovery Strategy
Key Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- 3+ years’ work experience in the ICT field
- Microsoft certified courses (Windows Server 2016 & Sharepoint On-line)
- In depth knowledge of hardware and software
- Strong customer service ethos
- A polite, calm and clear telephone manner
- Ability to work well with people
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible, customer focused approach
- Excellent organisational skills
- Enthusiasm for continual learning
- Experience of supporting LAN / WAN networks
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Office 365)
- Experience in using and administering SharePoint
- VOIP Phone system knowledge