M5 Avonmouth Bridge
- Year: 2000
- Location: Bristol, England
- Client: Costain and Hyder
The Avonmouth Bridge is a road bridge which carries the M5 motorway over the River Avon in Somerset, England. The bridge has a total length of 1,388m with a main span of 164m.
In 2000, Cleveland Bridge carried out strengthening work in a partnership agreement with Costain and Hyder, culminating in a total project tonnage of 3,137te. The work included;
- Strengthening of existing bearings,
- Supply and installation of strengthening steelwork,
- Supply and Installation of pre-stressing cables and bars,
- The application of protective treatment to old and new steel.