Cleveland Bridge has long been associated with retrofit work on bridges, whether minor repairs or long duration contracts. We are experts in bridge rehabilitation, from cable inspection and replacement to dehumidification and strengthening.
Each type of project presents specific risks for the client and so the support from a quality focused, experienced bridge contractor is essential.
Components of a steel bridge need to be continually protected against environmental corrosion. Planned preventative maintenance needs to be scheduled to maintain critical elements such as piles, piers, decks, suspension cables etc. We have substantial experience in this field and can offer a first-class service to bridge owners in the UK and, for larger projects, worldwide.
Types of services we can offer include:
- Dehumidification – deck boxes, anchorage, main & stay cables
- Cable Inspection
- Blasting and painting
- Rehabilitation of expansion joints and bearings
- Replacement cables (Suspender, Hand Strand, Stay)
- Access gantries (Underdeck and Main Cable)
Our experience of bridge strengthening and refurbishment includes:
- Rodenkirchen Bridge, Germany
- Avonmouth strengthening, UK
- Tamar Bridge strengthening and widening, UK
- Tinsley Viaduct strengthening, UK
- Bidston Moss Bridge strengthening, UK
You can read our latest news release on bridge rehabilitation here.