Cleveland Bridge UK is continuing to grow and we are expanding our Project Management team and are seeking to recruit a Project Manager. This role will be on a permanent basis, full time, and will report directly to our Head of UK Projects.
As our Project Manager your key objective will be the effective management and performance of all assigned projects, ensuring they are delivered to cost, to contract and to programme in a safe and efficient manner. For this you will be primarily based at our Darlington office however this role may involve travel across the UK and internationally, depending on the requirements of the project.
In this role, you will;
- Fully familiarise yourself with the project delivery requirements from a commercial, specification, build and site perspective, attending appropriate client and internal meetings.
- Establish skills and stakeholders required to effectively deliver the project both internally and externally, ensuring all internal and sub-contract labour hold the correct certification and accreditation for all site activity.
- Produce internal, external project programs and track progress.
- Liaise across all departments to effectively communicate project requirements, as well as visiting sites and suppliers to ensure all activities are being carried out to specification and schedule.
- Evaluate potential areas of risk/opportunity and provide appropriate and adequate solutions.
- Ensure all quality and safety requirements are met.
- Ensure all method statements are produced and issued at the appropriate time.
- Collaborate with the assigned QS to ensure timely and effective submissions of applications, variations and EWN’s.
- Maintain robust control of the budget and those who you have delegated proportional control (i.e. Construction Managers).
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate project records within the CRM system and ensure a timely response and effective tracking of all internal and external request for information/change and NCR’s.
- At the completion of each phase/project ensure a complete performance review is completed and all lessons learned are communicated to the appropriate areas (of a negative and positive nature).
- Provide input to the tender team during the estimating process, with a view to reducing risk and identifying potential omissions and opportunities.
The Ideal Candidate
Essentially you will;
- Hold a BEng or have substantial practical experience working as a Project Manager within a relevant sector of the steel industry
- Have a CSCS Black Card (Management)
- Hold a recognised Project Management Qualification (APM equivalent)
- Be a CPCS Appointed Person
- Have a valid driving licence
- Hold a Network Rail PTS Card (Desirable)
- Be IOSH accredited SHE Trained (Desirable)
- Hold a Professional Membership of ICE, APM or CIOB (Desirable)
Essentially you will;
- Have extensive experience in the steel industry (3+ years Heavy Side and Structures)
- Have extensive experience working a UK Construction environment, knowledge of Temporary Works and CDM regulations
- Possess a good level of experience working with Network Rail and Highways
- Have knowledge of working in compliant/specification environments
- Have a high level of experience working in regulated SHEQ environments
- Have a good level of understanding working under NEC & ICE contracts
- Have experience working with a range of lifting and launching techniques
Essentially you will;
- Be highly IT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office programs, in particular Word, Excel and Projects
- Have the technical ability to read and interpret complex structural and architectural drawings
- Demonstrate a good level of objectivity
- Be highly numerate, analytical and organised
- Have the ability to remain calm and controlled under pressure
- Be able to motivate yourself and others as well as able to lead and manage others and situations
- Possess strong commercial awareness
- Possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written and strong interpersonal skills
- Have a good standard of presentation skills (Desirable)
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Matched pension contributions
- 23 days holiday per year plus bank holidays, increasing with length of service
- Excellent life assurance cover
- Group income protection
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee assistance programme
- Training and development opportunities
- Free parking and onsite canteen
- Be part of the Cleveland Bridge team building bridges and structures in the UK and worldwide
If you have the attributes we’re looking for, get in touch today by clicking on the Apply Now button below, and sending us your CV and covering letter. If you’d like more information, please contact the HR Department.
Please note – No agencies
3rd June 2019
Closing Date:21st June 2019
How to apply
To apply please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact:HR Department
Cleveland Bridge UK Ltd
Cleveland House, Yarm Road, Darlington, County Durham, DL1 4DE, United Kingdom